Our next walk will be on Thursday 10th December. Booking opens on Friday 4th December. Our walks still need to be Covid secure so we will maintain correct safety procedures. These remain largely unchanged from before the lockdown but there are some differences viz:
- Group size can now be 20 people including the leader.
- There is no restriction on the distance to the start of the walk.
N.B. As before, you will need to book onto a walk. Please contact the leader no sooner than 9.00 am. on the preceding Friday. Bookings made before that time will be ignored.
All walks start from the Rec. at 9.30 am prompt unless otherwise stated. However, leaders will also give an additional starting point and time should members wish to travel straight to the actual start point.
Car Parking Charge to be shared between car occupants. Leisure walkers please check bus timetables and remember to take your bus passes. Books of walks and maps are available to borrow from the Ramblers Secretary.
In order to keep to safe walking practices, we ask you to comply with the following advice:
* All leaders to complete Risk Assessment forms and Booking/ Track and Trace forms as requested i.e. RA’s by Tuesday prior to walk (no form, no walk) and Booking forms by/on day of walk and retained for 21 days.
* Please ensure you book on with the leader of the walk from 09:00 Friday preceding the walk, no bookings will be taken beforehand and any before Friday 09:00 will be discounted.
* Please inform the leader if you are booked on but cannot make the walk thereby freeing up a space for someone else on the waiting list.
* Please ask the leader if you are unsure of the start of the walk.
* If you need transport from the Rec to the start of the walk it is your responsibility to arrange this beforehand as the leader is unlikely to be at the Rec. We cannot guarantee to organise any lifts on the day so please do not just turn up expecting a lift. Please follow strict social distancing arrangements including using face coverings where appropriate if car sharing and on the walk
* Please check the website regularly for updates and for any guidance notes and please familiarise yourselves with them.
* Please assist those not on email and without internet access to print off and tell them about any changes.
* Any questions please contact Mick on 07484 104460
It is important that all walkers and leaders also read and follow the guidance given in the documents below.
Walkers: Additional Guidance for Walkers
Leaders: Where appropriate, there is a choice between the Microsoft Word version and the PDF version
4.Leaders Register: PDF
If you want to read The Ramblers guidance in full the web link is https://www.ramblers.org.uk/volunteer-zone/coronavirus/volunteering.aspx
It is suggested that if you are thinking of joining us for the first time on one of our walks you contact the leader for details. Feel free to come and walk with us for a few times before deciding if you wish to join.
LEISURELY walks – 2 to 3 miles, generally avoiding hills and poor surfaces, taken at a leisurely pace.
SHORT walks – approx. 5 miles at a moderately brisk pace and finishing around 12:30, includes a 15min stop at a grassy spot for a drink if you’ve brought one.
LONG walks – 8 to 11 miles at a moderately brisk pace, with a midday break for picnic/cafe/pub lunch and finishing mid-afternoon
SATURDAY walks – approx. 5 – 6 miles at a moderately brisk pace and finishing around 12:30, includes a 15min stop at a grassy spot for a drink if you’ve brought one. There are no Saturday walks during this period.
Download Walks Programme – 2 sides only
FAIRYLAND CHRISTMAS 1 ½ miles
Meet Polegate Taxi office for 09:45 No. 51 bus to Cornfield Road Eastbourne then walk to top level of the bandstand for 10:30. Seafront to Redoubt. Coffee at Fairyland in the Marine Pub around 11:30
Joy Steer 487269
BLUE PLAQUE WALK 4.5 miles. No stiles
Walk around Eastbourne Old Town area. Walk starts from Helen Gardens at 10.00 am. or meet Polegate Rec at 9.30 am, mostly pavement.
Pat and Brenda 470114 (please only use this number) SVP £1.00
BOTTOMS AND HILLS 9 miles 2 stiles
Starting at East Dean this walk takes us through the Eldon Bottom inland from Beachy Head before turning west with a section through Friston Forest before going towards Crowlink and then along four of the Sisters and back to East Dean. Some steep ascents over four of the Sisters. Starts at East Dean 09:50 or meet Polegate Rec 09:30 Picnic
Alan 500664 or 07753 610752 Email email@example.com SVP £1.20
AUTUMN ON THE DOWNS 10 Miles 5 Stiles
Downland ramble with plenty of ups and downs. Starts at Butts Brow 09.45 or meet Polegate Rec 09.30. Picnic.
Jayne: 500855 or 0775631499 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org SVP 50p
PRE-CHRISTMAS CHEER No miles
Meet Polegate Taxi office at10:30. Hostelries of Polegate or Café in High Street
Sue Taylor 482441